From The Chobots Wiki
A private server, also known as a server emulator or an instance, is an unofficial recreation of an original game that uses the same files as the original game but is hosted on a different server and uses its own unique database. There have been several Chobots private servers; unofficial recreations of the original Chobots game.
The only official and recognized private servers of Chobots were Chobots.de and Chobots.in, respectively the German and Indian instances of Chobots, which were licensed by Vayersoft. Kavalok (Kavalok.com) was a "private" server owned by Vayersoft used as a test server for Chobots before updates to the actual live game were pushed.
Chobots private servers are not officially recognized nor licensed by Vayersoft, meaning that they are technically illegal, and are instead run by individual groups, organizations, and people; typically players of the original Chobots game. Because they run on their own server and use their own databases, hence the name private server, players have to create new accounts on each Chobots private server and cannot directly transfer over their accounts on other Chobots instances. Chobots private servers are also run on their own separate websites with their own unique domains.
One Very Important thing to note, is Chobots does not encrypt passwords - this means your Password is in Plain Text. Anyone with access to the database will be able to see your password & email used to register. It is highly recommended you use a fake email or a brand new never used password. (this is why when you received a password reset on Chobots.com/Chobots.net you always received the actual password in the email and not a password reset link. Any Company that emails you the password instead of a reset link is storing in plain text and they can easily see your password - this also doesn't mean receiving a password reset link = encrypted password)
Online Private Servers
- Chotopia.us (Previously Chobots.cf/Chobots.ws) (2014-2021) - *Encrypted Passwords - Passwords are NOT stored in Plain Text on this server*
- Play.Chobots.Wiki/Kavalok.net (2023-) - Brock *Encrypted Passwords - Passwords are NOT stored in Plain Text on this server*
- Missing a server? Notify us on the discord!
List of Private Servers
- Kavalok.com (2007-2011)
- Chobots.net (2011-2014)
- Kavalok.net (2011-2014 .net dev server) (2023-)
- Chobots.im (2012) - Seether @ Rile5
- Kavalok.tk (2012)
- Chobots.org (2012-2013)
- Chobots.pro (2013) - Cosmin/Tyler/Brock
- Chobots.me (2013/2014) - Tyler/Brock
- Chobots.in (2014)
- Chobots.co.uk (2014-2015)
- Chobotical (2014)
- Chobots Universe (2014-2015)
- Chotopia.us (Previously Chobots.cf/Chobots.ws) (2014-2021)
- MyChobots.com (2015) (Predecessor to Chobots.ca)
- Chobots.ca (2015-2017) (2020-2021) - Brock/Voice/Wehbi & Others
- Chobots.world (2019-2021) - Sheenieboy
- Chobots.icu (2021-2022) - Brock
- Play.Chobots.Wiki/Kavalok.net (2023-) - Brock
- This list is incomplete, and will be updated accordingly